Suzuki 750 Three
The unveiling of the GT750 at the October 1970, 17th Tokyo International Motor Show. The model went on sale in Japan in 1971 and internationally in 1972. Note some of the details mentioned in the article and shown in the photos:
- the colour was 'Candy Bright Red' (157) offered only in the Japanese domestic market (JDM)
- CDI ignition was specified - this did not make it into production
- no cross couplers on the exhaust
- 'Suzuki' stencilled on back of seat, rather than 'Suzuki GT'
- the headlamp bracket used only in the JDM machines is visible on the lower right side of the headlamp bucket
- the 'Suzuki' tank badge appears to have a white background, but that could be due to the lighting
- the kick start lever has a bend in it quite different to the production version
- the rear passenger foot rests do not fold
- the tachometer high rev indicator is a red pie wedge, rather than just red graduations, and the break-in information is shown on the dial face (in both miles and km.)
- water temperature gauge lacks the red and blue markings for hot and cold
- the speedometer is specific to the JDM versions having the 80km warning light
Just 'click' for a larger image.