Daihatsu Diesel NHN Co. , Ltd. (Ibaraki City , Osaka Prefecture), 1952-60
Diahatsu had made 3 wheeled vehicles since 1932 under the Tsubasa name ( ツバサ号 ). These 3 wheeled utility vehicles were considered significant in Japan's automotive manufacturing development, and in 2017 this was recognised by the Japan Automotive Hall of Fame (JAHFA).
In 1952 Diahatsu formed a subsidiary called Tsubasa Industry Co., Ltd ( ツバサ工業株式会社 ) to manufacture actual motorcycles. The Tsubasa T-80 motorcycles made prior to 1955 were styled after British bikes, and the later GY models introduced in 1955 were styled after BMW's. Motorcycle production ended in 1959 and the subsidiary switched over to the manufacture of door closers. Diahatsu as a group of companies of course still exists today.