GT750 Tail Light Mount
Click on any image to see a larger version.
The tail light mount bracket or bridge is not listed with its own part number, but came as an assembly complete with the tail lamp itself. These frequently show up on eBay and elsewhere, but not each one will fit each year of GT750 properly. There appear to be four - possibly five - main variants.
All of these are stamped with a part code "35710" followed by a dashed suffix. Starting from the left:
- The J/K mount is stamped "35710-5" and the top marked as '1' in th photo is slightly flattened when compared to the L/M/A style, and at the point marked as '2' the stand-off for the licence plate mount is 'high' - about 3/4 inch. The J/K style also has a plastic sleeve covering the square cut wire clip on the underside of the housing to protect the wire at the rear of the assembly.
- For the L/M/A style in the middle, stamped with a "35710-16", the top marked as '3' in the photo is slightly rounded, and the licence plate bracket came in both a 'high' and 'low' version at the point marked as '4'. The 'high' version has the bracket mounted as per the -5, and the 'low' version of the licence plate bracket is mounted about 1/8th inch lower than the "35710-5" type. The wire clip on the underside does not seem to have the plastic sleeve, and the end on the samples I've seen is cut in a half circle.
- The B style "35710-23" is quite distinctive - a much larger hole marked as '5' in the photo and the licence plate bracket is attached quite low on the plate as seen at point '6'..The tapped holes to mount the lamp are also wider spaced than the other two types, so basically a B lamp only really fits a B tail lamp mount
- you can fit a L/M/A lamp to a J/K mount
- If you fit a J/K lamp to an L/M/A mount though, on the two I've tried, you find that the lamp backing sits just about 1 mm low so that the mount bracket is sitting proud. When connected to the J/K mount (type 35710-5) the top of the bracket and the top of the lamp backing are flush, or at least very close to flush.
- The possible fifth type of tail lamp mount assembly that I've seen, but not recorded is a L/M/A style, but with the same 'high' licence plate bracket projection as the "35710-5" style