A Field Guide to the Suzuki GT550
Model Year 1977 (B)
Please refer to the Country Specific Versions section for additional information about machines sold into your market.
- Headlamp bucket, fork ears and frame side covers now painted in satin black (Suzuki paint code 291, Munsell code N1)
- Brown instrument dial facess
- The carburettor was stamped 34621 (outside North America) and had main jets jetted #102.5 for the centre and right and #105 for the left.
- Ignition, starter motor, alternator and regulator by 'Nippon Denso' as standard, but 'Kokusan' components were fitted as standard for delivery to some markets - refer to the Country Specific Versions section for additional detail.
- High gloss seat cover (Suzuki colour number 865 instead of 403)
- New 'GS' style slim turn signal without reflector or reflector mount in most countries.
- Most country versions also had the new 'GS' style rear tail light, and in most countries the lens had orange side reflectors (part 35710-31620). The North American lenses used red reflectors (35712-45010).
- Power transmission gear, chain transmission unchanged in both the EU and North America
Painted parts: tank, fork ears, headlamp bucket and side covers
Colours (tank only - as mentioned earlier, other parts were satin black). Colours offered varied by market:
- Maui Blue metallic (Suzuki paint code 797) (With gold and Cerulean Blue (medium blue) trim lines)
- Candy Red Gypsy-3 (Suzuki paint code 00J) (With orange and gold trim lines)
- Flake Spark Silver (Suzuki paint code 00P) (With Sky blue (light blue) and Ultra Blue (dark blue) coloured trim lines)